My relationship with the Media




My relationship with media


Different types of media are used in my everyday life from the billboards on the freeway to Spotify ads. I've always been suspicious of the things I see in adds or in any other type of marketing devices. However where I know the media really tricks me is in TV, books, and movies. Whether we recognize it or not, some movies and TV shows create picture-perfect lives for these characters that are never reasonable. Take the well known sit-com, Friends, for example. They have convinced me that it is realistic for people in their early 20s to have that big of an apartment in New York. Then they get fired from their jobs but still can afford the nice apartment? I know there is an angle with this and I don't think it's good or bad much less than a media deceiving viewers.

Comments

Popular Posts